Friday, December 31, 2010

She'll be here by the 5th!!

So we've been to a few doctor's appointments since the last one I wrote about and not much has changed except Alex's weight which has soared from the 5's to almost 7 lbs in only a few weeks bringing her from the 23rd percentile to the 49th!!! Also, my doctor has arranged for me to be induced at 6am on Tuesday morning (the 4th) so there's a good chance that the 4th will be her birthday (sorry Sloan lol). We are staying with Jason's grandmother right now in Holbrook so as to be closer to the hospital but we are planning a quick day trip home today so we can visit with Aidan and get some other things in order before we come back so hopefully Alex will keep to her new due date *fingers crossed* :) Thanks again for your interest and well wishes and Happy New Year!!

3 comments:

  1. Hi there!
    My name is Kathy and my little one, Chase, was born with HLHS in Oct. '09 and is now 14 months old. He is doing wonderfully and if you couldn't see the scar on his chest, you would NEVER know he was born with such a complex and special little heart! You can read about our experiences on my blog (http://mom2lo.blogspot.com) and look through the archives - Nov. '09 was his Norwood and Mar. '10 was his Glenn.

    I will be keeping you and your family in my thoughts and prayers as you enter the world of being a heart family. There is so much hope for these sweet babies! And you couldn't be in better hands than at Boston Children's. Looking forward to following your journey along with you!

    Please feel free to contact me at mom2lo(at)charter(dot)net if there's anything I can do for you!

    ((Heart hugs))
    Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi! My name is Amy and my sweet little HLHS, fighter, Bodie, is 10 months old and is doing fantastic! Like Chase, he's a little rockstar and you wouldn't know anything was wrong with him unless you saw the faded scar on his chest. Anyway, Kathy and I are part of a heart mom's coalition that sends care packages out to newly diagnosed HLHS parents and we'd love to send you one. If you wouldn't mind, please shoot me an email when you get a chance - amykbennett@gmail.com - and I'll get you hooked up! Oh, and you can check out my little rockstar's journey at www.hopeforbabybennett.blogspot.com

    Heart hugs and welcome to the heart community!
    Amy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you both so much for reaching out to me it makes me feel so good to hear such positive stories! Thanks to stories like yours me and my fiance have been able to be extremely optimistic through these tough times and I agree that Boston Children's is such a good place to be they are so attentive and knowledgeable there it makes me feel good to know she has that kind of support. I will certainly be following your blogs and praying for your boys :)

    ReplyDelete